- Understand your audience on LinkedIn.
- Create a professional LinkedIn profile.
- Engage with other users’ content on LinkedIn.
- Have a clear goal in mind when reaching out on LinkedIn.
- Personalize your message on LinkedIn.
- Be patient when waiting for a response on LinkedIn.
- Offer value when connecting on LinkedIn.
- Keep your LinkedIn communication professional.
- Build meaningful relationships on LinkedIn.
Define your target audience: Don’t try to sell your grandma a skateboard. Know who your LinkedIn audience is.
Build a professional profile: No, using a selfie stick isn’t professional. Create a profile that reflects your skills and expertise.
Engage with their content: Don’t be a LinkedIn lurker. Engage with people’s content by liking, following, and leaving thoughtful comments.
Reach out with a specific goal in mind: Don’t be vague. Be clear about what you want when reaching out on LinkedIn. Are you looking for a job, a collaboration, or just trying to make friends?
Personalize your message: Try to include their name, company name and anything else from your data set. Hyper personalization is the name of the game in 2023 and beyond. How often have you seen anything like this?
Be patient: Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither is a LinkedIn connection. Don’t expect an immediate response.
Offer something of value: Don’t be a mooch. Offer something of value when reaching out on LinkedIn. It could be your expertise, a solution to a problem, or even a joke.
Be professional: Don’t be a LinkedIn troll. Keep your communication professional and respectful.
Build relationships: LinkedIn isn’t a one-night stand. Take the time to build meaningful relationships with people in your industry.
These tips should help to get you started. But if you are busy and just want somebody else to take the reins, you can learn more about our LinkedIn outreach here.
For a more personal touch, feel free to schedule a time and we’ll run you through the service and see if it’s a fit.